RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Maroondah Toy Library receives no ongoing government or corporate funding. Our membership fees alone do not cover our day-to-day running costs so we need your help to keep our doors open, helping families of the greater Maroondah area connect and learn through play. Donations also contribute to ensuring our library is continually stocked with a wide range of quality toys and play equipment.
Please consider making a donation today via GiveNow or PayPal. We are endorsed as a deductible gift recipient and all donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
We gladly accept toy donations but toys must be:
Durable, easily cleaned and well made
Of exceptional play value and in excellent condition
Engaging and appealing to children aged from 6 months to 6 years of age
Transportable and able to fit into a standard sized car
Unfortunately we do not accept donations of soft toys, books, or consumable items such as play doh, pencils etc.
Simply bring your donations to one of our sessions and our coordinators will assist you with drop off.
Donate Your Time
Basic and Standard members are required to volunteer for 8 hours per year. The library could not keep its doors open without this assistance and we encourage mums, dads, grandparents or other relatives to come along and lend a hand. It is a wonderful sense of community.
We also welcome non-member community and corporate volunteers to help us with staffing sessions, stock take, messy play days and more. Shoot us an email on to find out more.
Donate at Richies IGA Supermarkets
When shopping at Ritchies supermarkets and using a Community Benefit Card or key tag linked to Maroondah Toy Library, Ritchies will donate 0.5% of your shop back to us. These cards can be used at ANY Ritchies IGA store, supermarket or liquor throughout VIC, NSW and QLD by members, supporters and their families.
Collect your Community Benefit Card at the registers next time you shop at ANY Ritchies store and nominate Maroondah Toy Library, it’s that easy! For more info see www.ritchies.com.au/community-benefit-card
Our nearest Ritchies store is at the Ringwood North shopping strip on Warrandyte Rd where hundreds of weekly specials marked with red shelf tickets have extra discounts for Ritchies Community Benefit Cardholders.
10 reasons our Toy Library membership is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving:
1. Our membership gave my husband the confidence to finally allow me to declutter our play space and reduce the number of toys we own – without feeling like our kids were somehow missing out. Having a limited number of toys available at any one time has increased independent play in our household significantly.
2. Our extended family are beginning to see the value in gifting experiences over toys for special occasions, as they can see our children have access to everything they want and more.
3. I no longer despair over the bags and bags of toys that we regularly give away (many barely used) that I know will one day become more landfill for an already over-burdened planet.
4. As a Speech Pathologist and mum to a 5-year old with sensory-seeking issues, I no longer have to spend a small fortune on big-ticket items that may or may not meet specific needs. The toy library has a great sensory range that allows me to trial items first and then decide whether I can justify the cost of purchasing. Or better yet, just keep borrowing the items that work best!
5. My children (aged 5, 4 and 2) have become little experts at packing up thanks to the Toy Library checklist system, and are beginning to treat their own toys with the same respect they have developed for their Toy Library items (I love an incidental win!).
6. The kids are using their existing toys as well as Toy Library favourites in new and imaginative ways as the regular rotation of items sustains their interest for longer periods of time.
7. My husband and I are checking off some of our own self-improvement goals by making use of the Toy Library’s great range of board games for adults and reducing our own screen time.
8. I get just as much excitement (if not more) about our upcoming Toy Library visits as the kids. The possibilities are endless!
9. Who doesn’t love the look of pure joy on a child’s face when they walk into an area full of toys and know they can pick out anything they like? Now I get to experience that regularly without the usual guilt that comes with buying my kids too many things.
10. My kids are becoming less and less attached to possessions which is an amazing thing to see and – additional bonus - makes me feel like a great mum!
New member Leanne